I am the proud mother of 4 amazing children The perfect pigeon pair, two girls, and two boys. So, you may be wondering why I would be writing an article on infertility. Well, many years ago, we battled to have children, and since I have always been passionate about health and healing, and did a lot of research, I found some extremely interesting facts.
All of the below remedies are for women. None of the below will guarantee that you fall pregnant, but they all contribute to giving you a higher chance of falling pregnant, and carrying your baby to full term.
- A healthy body weight is vitally important, and your fat percentage should ideally be between 22% to 28%
- There are many natural treatments available to us, and probably the 3 most vital ones are Reflexology, Acupuncture and Hypnosis
- Exercise is essential. Walking is probably the best exercise as it is cardio, relaxing, and you can walk at a speed suitable to your fitness
- Meditation helps promote tranquility. This can include prayer, deep breathing, and visualization. Do this daily for a minimum of 20 minutes
- Healthy eating includes eating a balanced diet, consisting of fruit, vegetables, protein and starch
- Don’t partake in any fad diets. Suggested healthy foods to add to your diet are: celery, garlic, watercress, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, brown rice, oatmeal, raisins, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds
- I would suggest taking all of the following vitamins: B complex, Vitamin C, Dolomite, Slow Mag, Zinc, Selenium, Kelp and Vitamin E
- Essential oils can be used at home, but best of all go for aromatherapy massage treatments, and use the following oils: rose, geranium, jasmine, ylang-ylang and neroli
- Get your partner to massage your lower back and tummy daily with some of the above oils mixed into a carrier oil. This could always lead to “making a baby”, as my kids would say.
- After sex, (don’t laugh) always do a headstand, which increases the chance of falling pregnant, and has the added benefit of improving your brain function
- Homeopathic remedies are best when they are specifically made up for you, and should be in the 30’s strength. Some great remedies are Hypothesis & Agnus Castis, Sepia & Agnus Castis. Always follow the directions
- The one tissue salt that was highly recommended is Naturm Mur
- Herbal teas are just the best, as in winter they are warming, and in summer you can drink them as iced teas. Drink peppermint or red clover with honey and lemon, or plain, but no milk must be added
- Do not smoke
- Alcohol: Do not drink more than 6 alcoholic drinks a week, and preferably stick to beer, or wine, not spirits
- Drink between 8 to 10 glasses of purified or mineral water a day, or rooibos or the above herbal teas. Do not drink any colas, or coffee, or anything with caffeine in it
I believe that whatever we are working on healing can only heal if it balances our minds, bodies, and souls.
Here are some more healthy tips
- Speak to people you feel comfortable with, and you will get an overwhelming amount of advice and support.
- Only do what your gut feeling is for you. We are all different, and what may work for one of us, won’t necessarily work for all of us
- Try to stick to the natural healing way as much as possible. Even if you don’t fall pregnant immediately, you will feel better emotionally, physically, spiritually and mentally
- It is natural to take up to a year to fall pregnant. This doesn’t mean that there is a problem with infertility
- Focus on having a relaxed and peaceful mind. Negative emotions do affect the way our body functions
- If you feel depressed or negative, avoid prescription drugs like anti-depressants, and rather take something natural like Hypericum or St Johns Wort
- Enjoy being around other people’s children, and be natural with them. The more you enjoy kids, the more your body will prepare for your own
- Don’t be too conscious about battling to fall pregnant, or not having your own children, as your good friends and family will always be supportive in their own way
- If you have not fallen pregnant after a year, consult a medical doctor, to check that there is no physical reason why you are not falling pregnant
- If an infertility doctor puts you onto medication, you can continue with all of the natural remedies as well, as they won’t have any effect on the medication
Say to yourself as often as possible: “I trust in the process of life. I am always in the right place, doing the right things at the right time. I love and approve of myself.”